Who doesn’t want a buttermilk pie that is tangy in flavor and has a different sense of taste that no other custard-style pie can match? We can call it a mix of vanilla custard, lemon pie and a light cheesecake but trust us it tastes delicious.
Prepared dough for a single 9-inch crust pie
- Three Eggs
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- Half cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- One and a half cups of white sugar
- Three tablespoon flour
- One-fourth of cup of kosher salt
- One-eighth of a cup of freshly grated nutmeg
- Zest from a single lemon
- Juice from a single lemon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- First of all, preheat the oven to 350 degrees f
- Now make a roll of the dough that fits into the dish. Transfer this dough to the pie dish. You should trim the excess of the dough hanging out from the dish. Make a sharp hole in the bottom and sides of the crust with a fork. Place parchment sheet paper into the crust.
- Bake for fifteen minutes. The next step is to remove the dish from the oven and allow the crust to cool down.
- Now, add the butter in a mixing bowl and add sugar to it. Mix them together and add flour and salt. Mix the ingredients until combined. Now we will add 3 eggs and whisk the mixture until it is smooth.
- Now pour the vanilla extract and add nutmeg, lemon juice, zest of lemon and buttermilk. Whisk all the ingredients and pour into the shell.
- Bake until the pie is golden brown and after it is ready to refrigerate until chilled for 1-2 hours.
I hope you found the process easy and worth making. It’s a simple dish with a complex taste. Do tell us if you liked it.